Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Coasting on the Blogs of Yesterday

The point of my story is, you can't.

Yesterday is dead, and what's relevant is here.  Some convicting things I've heard the past few days have given me some encouragement to dedicate myself to be the best that I can be.  For you and me to follow Christ and be a living sacrifice, we must not do just what is convenient.  The theme that the Lord has been putting on my heart this school year has continued to be to stay away from what makes me just like everybody else.  WE HAVE BEEN CALLED TO A HIGHER STANDARD.  Do not be conformed to patterns of this world, but instead be transformed by the renewing of your mind.

Repetition has value...
"Do not be conformed to the patterns of this world, but instead be transformed by the renewing of your mind!"

I want to be changed so much that when I make a decision that shocks or surprises the people around me and maybe even causes persecution, that I do not even need to think twice about it.  I want to make the hard choice every time, and I want it to mean something to me as a lover of Jesus and to others as a witness for Jesus.  It is that important to me.

Obviously, it is also important to look back at how we once were, to see how we've change, and what we can do to not fall back into that.  To use my mom as an example, for years we would tell her, "Mom, you have come so far! Your improvements over the last month have been amazing.  Remember two weeks ago when you couldn't move your left leg and now you can walk?!"  She would simply reply with, "I don't remember that."  My mom was always so discouraged and had no motivation to improve because she felt like after 2, 3, and 4 years, from the day of her car accident, that she hadn't gotten any better.  But this was wrong!  When we can see how far we've come, it encourages us and spurs us to go on.  Do not dwell in it, but take note of it, and take heed! We are moving forward constantly, and it is exciting!

Much Love,
V

No comments:

Post a Comment