Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Art of Thankfulness

Happy Thanksgiving! As we are well aware, this beautiful season is soon approaching. It's full of joy, lots of food, family, and shopping.  This year, our Thanksgiving will be a little different.  Thick, heavy snow has fallen here at school, so it definitely looks more like Christmas.

I spent the weekend with some good friend's families in Elk River, MN.  They taught me in the most beautiful way all the things to be thankful for this year.  The love they shared with us was so warm and free.  I felt like I was a member of their family even though I'd never met two thirds of them.

I encourage everyone to find that group of people that you are most comfortable with, and over Thanksgiving, remind them how much they mean to you.  Give lots of hugs and smiles.  After you've thanked, find someone to share the love with.  I know of a few people who look up to me; my goal is to do something special for them this month.  Why not?  I've been blessed enough to have the resources, and so have you.

Have a blessed week.  I've planned to be back on to share my testimony sometime this week.


Much love,
V

No comments:

Post a Comment