Monday, June 6, 2011

Loveee

Listen to Your Love by Brandon Heath and then we'll chat.  Or better yet, open it in another tab then come back.

This song is off Heath's new album entitled, Leaving Eden, from January.  I think Heath's description of what love is is something in which Paul would agree.  Love is the prelude to all of what Jesus did on earth, and it is what truly matters as our body of believers should be concerned.  His love should convict us of what to do in every situation we encounter.

Down to business, how would I define love. Ultimate selflessness.  It is the opposite of selfish.  The classic "love" chapter where I have collected this definition: 1 Corinthians 13 of course. Verse 13 summarizes the chapter when it says, "13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love."  His album is a witness of the world around him.  He says "a lot of these songs came with a little bit of struggle, with moments when I had no idea what God wanted me to say, but that said, my favorite songs on the album are not the ones I wrote at the last minute, and with the most effort.

Much love,
(the heavenly kind that is never-ending and only comes through Jesus, woop!)
V

No comments:

Post a Comment